Just yesterday, Church Life Journal released my new article entitled
“The Strange Myths of the New Evangelization.”
I analyze and debunk four myths:
- Myth #1: Half of All RCIA Converts Are Missing a Year Later.
- Myth #2: The New Evangelization Is All About Re-evangelization.
- Myth #3: The Catholic Church Is Sliding into Oblivion.
- Myth #4: It’s All our Fault!
Then I propose four “shifts” to our approach:
- Shift #1: Schmoozing Is a Contact Sport.
- Shift #2: Do Not Focus on “Drag Back” Programs.
- Shift #3: Get Away from Apologetics and Go Toward Witness.
- Shift #4: Get Better Data!
So, read the article and let me know what you think!